This week I went on a business trip to Las Vegas. It was my first time there, and I had a wonderful time. We worked hard, but we also got to see a lot. A perk to Vegas is that just by walking to dinner, the conference center, etc., you can see a million things!We stayed at the Venetian. It was fabulous - the bathroom alone was probably the size of my bedroom!
In truth, you could probably spend all of your time in one hotel. The Venetian alone had multiple shows, tons of great restaurants, a mall, gondola rides, pool, spa, and more.
One of the highlights of the trip was the Cirque du Soleil show, "KA," at the MGM Grand. Our seats were amazing - I kept thinking I was going to get taken out by an acrobat. That part was not so great ;) Check out this link for a little video about the show.
Things I was not prepared for on this trip:
- I didn't realize that Las Vegas was 3 hours behind us (not 2). As a result, I was perennially out of it.
- The long plane ride. On the upside, we got lots of snacks from the flight attendants to keep us fed and happy.
- The fact that Las Vegas is all about hotels. You go to look at hotels. All the best shows, eating, and shopping are in hotels. We went to Caesar's Palace, MGM Grand, the Flamingo, and New York New York. As a matter of fact, just to get to the conference center, you have to walk through hotels!
- Chatty cab drivers. All the drivers I encountered loved to talk. I found that I could get by on the whole ride without having to talk a lot by asking 2 crucial questions and 1 statement: "How long have you lived in Vegas? What brought you to Vegas? I bet you've seen a lot of changes in the city." Spread them out and you'll be set.
- How fabulous my hotel room was! Here are a few pictures of my room, me, and the hotel.









5 comments:
Vegas looks simply awesome! Elizabeth and Catherine went there about 6 years ago, and they still talk about it. I've got a few business trips this year, but none to vegas...how jealous am I?
What job do you have that takes you to Vegas? I seem to remember you being an English major.
I am soooooo jealous that you go to stay at the Venetian!! It sounds like you had a blast!
really beautiful hotel room and SUPER great view. Man I need to travel more.
oh my goodness, how jealous am i that you saw cirque!
all the times that i have flown in and out of vegas, and i have never seen it...i am going to plan it next time, and nothing is going to stop me!
Post a Comment