Lately I've been getting a lot of fortune cookies. Well, 3 in the past 3 weeks. Since I normally get zero fortune cookies in a month, that qualifies as "a lot."It's not so much that I am eating tons of chinese food; a new chinese buffet opened near work, so one of my coworkers brings me a cookie every Friday. Plus, I ate at Tao in Las Vegas and got a cookie there. That fortune was surprisingly worthy of "Sin City" and did NOT come true ;)
But one fortune that came from the local buffet has given me pause. I cracked open the cookie to read, "You love life very much." To really hammer home the point, it included a smiley face on both sides of the sentence. It made me wonder, "Do I love life very much?" Of course, some days I would probably answer one way, and other days would say the opposite!
Perhaps the better question is, "Do I love my life very much?" The first question seems a matter of circumstance - things happening to me outside my control. But the second question deals with the life I create. Am I pleased with my choices, attitudes, actions, etc.? I've kept that tiny slip of paper on my desk, and honestly, I can't seem to throw it away. Who knew that a cookie would make me think so much! It was much easier to deal with the one from the buffet that said, "A romantic evening awaits you." :)
Photo courtesy of Wikipedia.






3 comments:
ha, that was funny that we commented at they same time. but what celeb do you get? And this fortune cookie post reminded me of a story from last week that I need to share...I'm so glad I have you~
sometimes it's the small things that make a big difference. I LOVE you Courtney!
I love fortune cookies. One of the best one's I ever got was "You will soon be involved in many parties and gatherings..." It was two weeks before coming home from my mission. Yes, if you wish to link to my blog, all be it a poor excuse for one, feel free to do so.
Post a Comment