30 March 2008

Cliché? Yes. True? Yes.

Lately we have had some really beautiful weather here - warm, sunny, typical spring. Until today when it was cold and wet while moving Katie and Beth to their new townhouse. How I love irony ;)

But that's not really the point of this post, as exciting as it to hear my thoughts on the weather.

The other day I was walking down my mom's driveway, admiring the trees, grass, etc., when I noticed a tiny yellow flower growing in a seam in the concrete. It reminded me how there are actually lots of things to see and enjoy if I just pay attention. How many times would I have just walked by this little "weed" and not noticed it? And the scenery of my life isn't limited to just plants and buildings. So "stop and smell the roses," "bloom where you're planted," and "[insert your own gardening cliché]!"

1 comment:

ReL said...

This is just the cutest post! It's so inspiring, it makes me want to go pick flowers or something... if only the weather weren't so gloomy :-/

Post a Comment