Today I tried to stick it to the man. And by "man," I mean my apartment complex. I just received notice that the rent would be increased soon, and upon a little bit of research, decided that it was too high. So yesterday I called the complex and asked if the increase was negotiable. To my surprise, the manager said yes and asked if I could come in today to discuss it.
Naturally, I decided to power dress :) With my new boots on, I went in and the manager quickly agreed to lower the price down significantly, much to my surprise. It was even lower than I expected! Truth be told, I did very little other than setup the meeting. The moral of the story: it doesn't hurt to ask!
Tonight I also went to dinner and Enrichment. The theme was service, and we did a "service swap." Each of us wrote down an act of service that we could donate to someone. We then drew the slips of paper out at random. It was cool to see the different talents people have and are willing to share with each other.
Gotta go - LOST is on!






1 comment:
I think that is the best case of "it never hurts to ask" that I've ever heard (or read). That's just AWESOME.
Post a Comment