(Special thanks to my accomplice who was willing to humor my need to document everything.)
Can you spot the problem?
Paradox: The back of the "My 1st Birthday" celebratory ribbon warns, "Not for children under the age of 3."
Would you buy the bottle without the label, assuming that it's probably the same as a marked bottles?
At first I saw this candy and exclaimed, "I bet these are good!" Then I saw the tiny print on the back: "Excess consumption may have a mild laxative effect." Hypothetical purchase aborted.
Wake up to learning with the Prime Ministers of Canada! This durable placemat is sure to brighten your breakfast and provide valuable facts to impress your friends! (Yes, I've worked in marketing. Why do you ask?)
Be sure to check out the logo at the bottom of the display: "Toxic Waste candy sponsors a cleaner world."
There is evidently buried treasure in Argentina.
Something else is wrong with this map. Can you spot it?






4 comments:
You need to send these to failblog!! Also, Georgetown?
Love the post! How long were you in the store? It can't have been longer than I've been staring at that map. Is the mistake the fact that they couldn't fit Paraguay in, so they typed the Y over the A? That seems to simple. I keep thinking they must have mislabeled a whole country, but I don't know enough geography to know which one it is.
I LOVE that you found these treasures, Court! And, laxitive candy? NEVER!!!
I didn't know that Mary is Moses and Moses is Mary. I think the Bible has it wrong. All wrong.
Got to love the dollar store!
Post a Comment