09 August 2009

Christmas in August

The other day, a coworker was shocked to learn that I hadn't seen It's a Wonderful Life. She promptly brought me the movie the next day and encouraged me to watch it.

While I was a bit unsure about watching a Christmas movie in the middle of the summer (and not just any Christmas movie - the quintessential Christmas movie), I began looking around my apartment and noticed that perhaps it wasn't so out of place.

The Evidence:
I know that one poor ice skater in the foreground is broken. My bad. I was using it as a game piece for a board game and got a little overzealous in counting the number of spaces I was to advance.






































Jimmy Stewart, here I come.

2 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

It's so good to know that you are still alive and well. It feels like it's been since Christmas since you last posted, so this doesn't seem out of place at all. :) Anyway, just wanted to say that our kids watch Mr. Krueger's Christmas (another Jimmy Stewart "classic") about once a month, so you'd fit right in here!

Courtney said...

If only I had Miriam, Henry, and ? here to watch it with me! And since ? pretty much means Tammy has to be here, Alvin should come, too. That way we can have a Van Orden bonanza!

I like this idea VERY MUCH!

Post a Comment