Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five (or more) other people to do the same.
I have a number of reading materials around me, so I let Dixie pick which one I should use:
Here's the pick: The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs. It's about a man's experience in reading the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica. He organizes his book through highlights of actual entries. Page 56 lands me in the Ds (and contains a bit of an ironic entry for me).
Descartes, René (the 5th sentence on the page is the last line of this entry)
"And if that's not enough of a good thing, consider this: Descartes liked to stay in bed till 11 A.M.—good ammunition the next time anyone gives me flak about sleeping late.I have a number of reading materials around me, so I let Dixie pick which one I should use:
Here's the pick: The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs. It's about a man's experience in reading the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica. He organizes his book through highlights of actual entries. Page 56 lands me in the Ds (and contains a bit of an ironic entry for me).
Deseret News
"I always thought the name of Utah's major newspaper was some sort of weird misspelling of the word 'desert.' But no, Deseret is the 'land of the honeybee,' according to the Book of Mormon. I guess I should have figured they would have caught a typo in the masthead after 154 years."
I know some people don't like to do tags, so don't feel like you have to do it. But since I wanted to do a one so much, I thought I'd pass it along in case someone feels similarly: Brittany, Tammy, Alvin, Ariel, and Heidi.
Image from barnesandnoble.com.






5 comments:
:-) YAY FUN. I can't do it until I get home because alas there is no books at my desk here at work. But I'll get right on it later tonight.
I thought about tagging you b/c I really wanted to know what you were reading, but I chickened out b/c it seems like whenever I tag people to do something, they never do it. I'm glad you got tagged.
I want to stay in bed till 11am too. Me and Descartes would get along.
Glad you are feeling better, and yes fevers are stupid.
yay! i'm so glad that you did it! I love your selection... so fun!
Courtney! I will tag you more often, I promise. I, too, loved to be tagged but choose not tag others, but NOW, I got your back.
I was just remebering last week about being VT comps and how great that was and how much I miss you. What chance that you commented on my blog!
Wait, you WANTED to be tagged? Oh, you just made a big mistake, missy. P.S. Your profile picture is lovely.
Post a Comment