09 January 2009

Everyone likes swag, right?

Las Vegas is all about conventions. This week, there are two main conventions going on: the Consumer Electronics Show and the Adult Expo. Yes, the latter is exactly what you think it is. (They don't call it "Sin City" for nothing.) As a result, I try to make it very clear which convention I am with when people ask. (I'm with the Consumer Electronics Show. And if you wondered, we need to talk more).

Tonight's picture displays the merger of these two conventions, as seen in a leather jacket I saw at CES today:


It definitely made me laugh. And point it out to the person I was with. And take a picture. And then tell my cohort that I took a picture.

I've seen freebie pens, notepads, clocks, etc. from pharmaceuticals, but this takes it to a new level.

Swag: Promotional items, especially when given for free, considered as a group. Source: Dictionary.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who in their right mind...?

ReL said...

that is just awesome.

kenzie said...

I totally thought Michael Scott made up SWAG. I love the jacket!

Erik said...

To be fair, that company actually sponsored a NASCAR team. I imagine that guy was just a super devoted fan. It certainly made it difficult to follow the sport without laughing.
-Erik

Post a Comment