01 January 2009

Fatso!

Today I scoured multiple Walgreens with my mom in search of uber-cheap Christmas sales. There was an unfortunate encounter at one store where a lady walked in beside us while yelling at some random car, "And a Merry Christmas to you, too, Fatso!" When's the last time you heard someone use the term, "fatso?" It's like I was in an Archie and Jughead comic. (Note to self: Would I be Betty or Veronica? Additional note to self: Probably don't need to dwell on this.) Naturally this woman ended up on the same aisle as us and spoke to me (twice). In honor of the spirit of the season and being in the Christmas section, I pretended that I wasn't scared.

I also made sure to have some black-eyed peas tonight to bring me luck in the new year. It's a tradition in my family, plus I LOVE them.

No comments:

Post a Comment