09 October 2008

Sunburn

A note about the picture in the last post: I have a random, killer sunburn right now. Last Saturday I went to the NC State football game (Go Pack!). I had a blast and loved watching the game. Special thanks to Katie for the ticket!

However, I was totally unprepared for the sun and got a wicked sunburn. I'm not so much sun-kissed as sun-groped. Best of all, I have a definitive outline of where my sunglasses were (people say it looks like I've been skiing). In addition to my face, I have two burnt arms and a burnt neck. I'm not even exaggerating – it's been the kind of sunburn where random people point it out to me (I'm talking to you, bagger at the grocery store – and you, coworker who can't stop laughing). Oh well – at least I'm sporting my Wolfpack red!

3 comments:

kelley said...

Two points:
1) "sun-groped" made me laugh out loud.
2) why is that people insist on pointing out to you that your sunburned? The next person that does it to you, I think you should act all shocked, exclaim "holy mess! are you serious!?!!" and go find a mirror just to verify it...

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of your sun-groped line that I just shared it with about 5 friends. :)

I miss you. :(

Catherine said...

Courtney! Bryan & I were at that game too and sat directly in the sunlight. We have very fashionable farmer's tans. Being sun-groped is no fun!!

Post a Comment