In an effort to love grocery stores more, here's list of things I've discovered I like at these locales.
- Samples. Last night I was a sample junkie. I decided to ignore any sanitary concerns I have about the food sitting out with little hands roaming over them and try some samples. As a result, I am the proud new owner of a cantaloupe and some strawberries. I like both of these already, but I probably wouldn't have bought them without a little prodding. Memo to Harris Teeter: samples work.
- Pushing the cart. Okay, this joy only lasts about 5 minutes, then I wander away and poor Dixie has to push it. But for that 5 minutes, I enjoy it. My favorite thing to do is to walk up to whomever I'm shopping with and put my hands on the bar of the cart and try to push with them. People don't like that. Which makes me find it hysterical. Dixie's exact words last night: "However did you come into my life?"
- Dancing. Something about the combination of soft rock and fluorescent lighting just gets me groovin'. My favorite grocery-story routine is the Electric Slide, but I also like good old-fashioned spinning. Best aisle to dance in: frozen foods. Best lighting, wide spaces.
- Buying toiletries. Okay, I'll admit this is a weird one. But I love not running out of hand soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. When I'm in the shower and realize I'm out of body wash, I want to be able to walk (or do that dripping-wet dance) to the closet and have another container right there ready to go. It makes me feel prepared. One would think I would have this same desire to have food on hand, but evidently that is not the case.






No comments:
Post a Comment