The Olympics are over, and now my life is empty.
Okay, that's not entirely true, but in the area of television watching, it is indeed much smaller. I'm used to watching the Olympics every night or at least having the option of watching them. It feels weird to not mock Bob Costas, watch emotional athlete spotlights, check in on the latest Mary Carillo travelogue, and immerse myself in sports about which I know nothing (but with which I will soon become a self-appointed authority and comment about the size of splashes in diving, the necessity of bowing in gymnastics, and rules about synchronized swimming).
For those looking to relive the fun, check out this article for highlights, this gallery for pics, and this piece if you need a Phelps fix.
I noticed that MSN had an article yesterday talking about how the coverage of the Beijing Olympics has transformed viewing events and getting info from the web. They then tried a plug for their upcoming coverage of the Democratic National Convention and encouraged people to stay tuned to it as well.
It was an odd little segue. Is Bob Costas going to be a presenter? Is Mary Carillo going to do spotlights on Denver? Will Barack be getting 8 gold medals? That's what I thought. But don't worry, MSN - I'll catch the highlights.






No comments:
Post a Comment