02 July 2008

A Post about the Post-it®

I love Post-its. They are fabulous! Here's what a quick perusal of my desk produced:
My top 5 favorite uses for Post-its:
  1. To-do lists. There's nothing like the satisfaction of crossing something off. I've even been known to add things to my list after doing them just so I can cross them off ;)
  2. Bookmarks. Just stick one to a page and presto – instant bookmark that won't fall out.
  3. Titles for file folders. I hate writing on the tab of a file folder because when I'm done with the project, I feel like the folder is wasted. Solution: Cut the sticky part off the top of the Post-it, write the desired title on it, and stick it on the folder's tab. When you're done with the project, peel off the Post-it and reuse the folder. Also, you can use the remainder of the Post-it for other folders by cutting it into strips and taping them to additional folders.
  4. Taking notes. I like to stick Post-its to pages of books, notebooks, etc. to callout ideas. Writing in the margins is fine, but this is a great method if you can't write in the book or are running out of room.
  5. Late-night inspiration. Why is that you think of things you want to do right before falling asleep? Since I'm not apt to remember it the next morning, I like to keep a pad nearby to write down the idea, epiphany, or randomness.
Now that I've expressed my enjoyment of the Post-it, imagine my glee at my friend Marc's new stop motion animation. I love it! And not just because of the Post-its ;)

From Crackle: Notes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney! I'm so flattered that you think I have a sense of humor let alone a great sense of humor. I was always a little intimidated by you b/c you seemed so smart and witty all the time. Reading through your recent posts only confirms that even more.
I love the post it bit. And the post it animation is awesome. I'm going to add you too, if that's alright.

melissa said...

Crazy, crazy fun! Love it! Also, I'm ridiculously attached to post-its. A scrap piece of paper simply won't do.

Ashley said...

I feel the exact same...I can't live without post-its!!~

Post a Comment