One of my coworkers had a cold last week. Despite my treating him like a leper (I encouraged him to stand in the doorway of my office when he needed to talk to me), I succumbed to the germs.
I bought some cough drops, and it seems that everyone is jumping on the Dove Promises bandwagon and printing little messages on their wrappers. However, I was unprepared for the "Pep Talk in Every Drop" on my cough drop:
In case you're having a hard time reading it, my messages included, "Push on!", "Don't try harder -- do harder", "Conquer today", "March forward!"and "You got it in you!"
What the heck? When I don't feel good, I want ones that say, "Poor you", "Blame others", "It's not fair" and "You should stay home and watch movies."
PS -- When I offered one of the drops to my sick coworker, his said things like, "You can pull through" and "feel better." So apparently mine was just about the tough love.





5 comments:
Wo! I had no idea cough drops like that existed. When Alvin is sick, he goes through those things like candy. I'm am totally going to be buying some of those. :)
That reminds me of a shower curtain liner my mom bought for the bathroom my sister and I shared in high school. I called it the self-esteem shower curtain. It had blocks of messages like "You're fabulous!" "Sexy!" "Beautiful!" I should find one of those again...
By the way, totally stoked you're blogging again. I've missed you.
Oh no! I hope that you are doing better!
Meet Virginia Design
Check out my $50 Giveaway from Apothica! FREE makeup friends!
Haha, that's hilarious. No one wants to be told, "Suck it up and get back to work!" when they're sick.
Thanks for sharing your blog with me :)
Kayla
Freckles in April
OMG- as soon as i read the first sentence I realized that you obviously haven't changed too much in the last 10 years. I clearly remember being treated like a leper everything i got sick in college!
btw, i can't think of anyone else who would make a better blogger than YOU! Have a great day :-)
Post a Comment