I am excited about the coming games, even though I have to admit that the winter games are my favorite. I think it will be quite interesting to see how things go in Beijing this summer.
I came across this article today on BBC.com regarding China's plan for an official cheer.
This definitely made me 1) laugh and 2) reflect on China's society.My favorite part is that they are launching an entire campaign to teach people how to do this. As the article explains, "The authoritative, four-part Olympic cheer, accompanied by detailed instructions, will be promoted on TV, in schools and with a poster campaign...The Beijing Olympic Organising Committee has hired 30 cheering squads who will show spectators how it is done at Games stadia" (BBC.com, June 5, 2008). Oh China - what will you think of next?






4 comments:
Another great rumor about the Olympics (my mom told me) is Bejing will be turning the power off the two weeks prior to the Olympics to get rid of the Fog. The Fog must be bad.
Oh gracious. That is sooo great. I like this part of the article:
"The Ministry of Education is also arranging special training sessions in schools for the 800,000 students who are expected to attend the Games." Will it be unpatriotic of me to do their cheer on American soil?
That is AHMAZING! I really want to do this cheer, like from now on and forever. Oh gracious it's hilarious.
Awesome! I was worried we would all be doing different cheers and then the athletes wouldn't know if we were cheering or jeering. Even I don't know the difference, for cryin' outloud! This is an excellent idea. I'm going to go make up an Official Maxwell Family Cheer.
Post a Comment